Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Even though I weigh in tomorrow I still helped myself to those chips.

Today started out great!  I got to sleep in a bit, and then had time to make myself a great breakfast.

I had a breakfast sandwich of sorts inspired by one of my favourite little cafes.

Pictured is a piece of whole wheat toast, with 1/2 a serving of cheddar cheese (15 g), 2 egg whites and a couple of slices of apple. Mmmmm.. The apple really adds a great crunch and sweetness to the whole thing. I also had 1/2 a serving (1/4 cup) of Fibre One cereal with 1/4 cup of almond milk. Must make more soon. Because I only make 1 batch of almond milk at a time, I find I have to make it quite often. I don't think it is worth the risk though of making more, because there are no preservatives in it - i don't want it to go bad.

Around midday I started telling myself that I needed to workout. I was dreading this. My workout routines have become just that - routine. It is so boring and typical. I decided I needed to amp up my workout, so I dusted off some dvds.

I have a series of dvds from Jillian Michaels.

 Now. I don't believe that any of these claims can be true - nor do i wan them to actually come to be. I want my weight loss to be slow and steady. As frustrating as that may be sometimes, I know that when it goes off, it stays off.

There is an exercise plan at http://www.exercisetv.tv/wplans-details.aspx?id=2252 where you can download a PDF of an exercise schedule. I have chosen to do the 30 day slim down, and it looks quite intense.

I did level one of the 30 day Shred today - and it was tough, but i could get through it. When I was done, I guzzled down some protein powder mixed with almond milk.

It isn't exactly the best tasting thing ever. It is more so the texture. Protein doesn't dissolve well, and gets very lumpy and clingy in the glass. It was a joy to drink down.

I then made a quick lunch, because I was running short on time.


 I had a green monster + almond cheese and crackers. It was no breakfast sandwich, but it did it's part. I also scrounged together break foods, but it didn't amount to much:
Broccoli, carrots and dip. Apple with almonds and a special K bar. Woohoo. It wasn't a lot but it satisfied me enough to get through the messiest shift ever (2 people spilled stuff, that I had to clean up while they just stood and waited...and watched).

I was surprised at how tired I was at the beginning of work today. I chalked it up to working out at a more intense level - but that usually energizes me. It was the first time in a long time that I had almost a full day to myself before having to go into work for 4pm, so maybe that was it. Regardless, I was a zombie for the first part of that shift.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day (I weigh in once a week to see if any progress has been made). I feel like I self- sabotage myself, because the moment I got home tonight, I beelined for the open bag of chips. Sitting there eating them and watching the Hills Aftershow was a delight. I will probably regret those actions tomorrow though when I have to look at the scale. What sucks more so, is that I am only 1.0lbs away from a mini shopping spree to kitchen stuff plus. I am pretty adamant about my weight goals. Even if I lost 0.8 lbs this week, I would not consider that reaching my 15 lbs goal.

Tomorrow is another day off! I'm getting used to these!

No comments:

Post a Comment