Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 24th - Day Uno

Day One of my Last Chance Summer Shape Up Program...or LCSSUP (which really isn't any better).

Wake time: 7:09 - Success! I pressed the snooze button only once! (and that is quite the accomplishment for the girl who has to set 3 different times on her cell phone alarm.)

Weight: up 3.4 lbs from last weigh in (Yikes! But I'm not surprised. I did feel quite bloated this morning)

My 10 minute workout was this little beauty:


It was just enough to get me energized and a bit sweaty, without wiping me out completely. I think when I do have the time (and space in my bedroom - Bomb squad still hasn't come to clean up the mess) I will do my full workout in the morning, and save my little "10-minutes of daily cardio" for later on in the day.

I also walked the dog this morning. He looked so pitiful waiting at my parents door.

I know it is a bit too early to call, but I am enjoying this waking up early business. I had about 3 hours before having to go off to work  which was a dream. I also found that I was super productive in that time, because if I sat down for more than 5 minutes I became incredibly tired. Must keep moving!

I made a chickpea salad that should last me throughout the first part of the week:

1 can of chickpeas rinsed
1 cup carrots chopped
1/2 cup of the following chopped:
red peppers
green peppers
cucumbers
onions

Dressing:

1/4 cup canola oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or vinegar of your choice...could also add more vinegar if prefer)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pepper to taste

Wonderful additions:
- sesame seeds
- feta cheese (always a must for me)
- olives
- tomatoes

Whisk dressing together and pour over peas and veg. Mix well. I find that this salad could use some extra seasoning, so after you serve it, sprinkle some extra salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.  I served mine over a cup of spinach. It was delicious at break.


(source)

By the time I got home from work, I had no desire to partake in those cut up cucumber or pepper strips I made the night before. Instead I decided to peel off all the cheese and pepperoni to last nights left over pizza. Was it really worth it? In a word - Yes..

I did input it to my calorie tracker - so tis all good.

Unfortunately my workout space also happens to be where one of our many tv's are in the house - which was currently being occupied by my brother and his girlfriend who decided to watch all 3 Lord of the Rings movies. I'm not going to deny the fact that I am now considering doing the same thing despite how boring I thought they were when they were released.

So instead I decided to self-employ myself as bomb squad after-math cleaner upper and tackle the hideous mess that is my bedroom. Good news - I found a gift certificate to a hair salon. Bad news - i found tupperware from a chickpea salad made about the time of the bronze age.

I did have a bit of a nap, which I swore to myself I wouldn't do. But it was only about 30 minutes long. My naps are typically 3-hour long snooze extravaganzas. This was just long enough for me to get re-energized and make dinner.

Black bean and Sweet potato Enchiladas!

SOO good. Who says you have to give up your favourite things when you go vegetarian?  It was my first time trying them, and I will definitley be making them again. Here is the basic recipe that I used.  I didn't bother boiling the potato - just nuked it in the microwave. Make sure to serve with copious amounts of low fat sour cream!

(source)

On tap for tonight:

1. Workout (30 minutes of cardiolicious fun)
2. Finish Room
3. Facial!
4. Stats on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment