Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Last Chance Summer Shape Up!

The summer is almost gone. And I feel like I have wasted it away. Whether it be trapped indoors at my job, or just too lazy to bother to escape the air conditioned house - the summer seems to have flown by.

And with this comes the realization that I have not really focused on my diet and exercise goals. Therefore, I am doing something I haven't quite done before - setting a deadline.

Goal: To lose 5 lbs by the end of August

Plan: Track Calories and workout 6 days a week.

Start Date: July 24th, 2010 (so we can ignore those 4 slices of pizza I ate in 4 minutes tonight. It isn't July 24th yet).

Time Span: 38 glorious days

Strategy:

1. Weigh in everyday.

- studies have shown that those who weigh in on a consistent basis are more likely to maintain and keep weight off than those who don't. I am not going to weigh myself everyday for the rest of my life, but for the purposes of this program, I think it will be a good motivator.

2. Go to Bed at the same time/get up at the same time everyday.

- this will be perhaps one of the greatest mini-challenges. I am a night owl. I can easily be up till 4 am and not even bat an eye. This however, kicks me in the butt when I have to work at 7:30 in the morning. Instead, I plan on going to bed early, rising early - and if necessary napping during the day before work so that I can last through any evening shifts I may get.

3. Track calories @ sparkpeople

- i have faltered on this aspect of my healthy lifestyle. It is so important to me to track my calories - however, it is tedious work.

4. Strength Training and Aerobics on opposite days

- to actually maintain and be consistent with my exercise routine, I have to figure out what works for me. Circuit training did not work for me. It was too intense. I simply did not want to do it. Therefore, while it was an effective exercise program - it didn't work out too well when I would choose the hagen daaz over Jillian Michaels. Separating my strength and aerobics may be not as effective in burning calories - but it is far more manageable.

5. Do one 10-minute video or cardio activity every day.

6. Make weekly/daily plans for foods to eat, errands to run, chores to do etc.

7. BLOG! (to keep me accountable of course... not to procrastinate on other, more pressing matters).

Hopefully these 7 strategies will help me lose those 5 lbs. And then I can start it all over again... 3 more times before I get to my end-goal weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment